The rate of burglary and other related crimes is on a steady increase. The need to keep the home front safe and protected has never been more important. ADT Monitoring, a professional home security outfit that offers a one stop solution to all home security needs fully compatible with home automation. ADT security camera afford you the chance to have video monitoring of your home even while at work right from your internet enabled device.
The good and bad of the ADT security Cameras
- Cloud storage
- Records unlimited 30 seconds video
- Easy to install
- Night vision available
- Get an ADT Sign & smoke detector if wanted
- Remote viewing
- 30 or 60 days of event video history
- It can Identify the difference between a person, package, vehicle, and animals
- Familiar faces alert
- You can upgrade into 10 continuous days recording
- Noise and echo cancellation
- Emergency one-hour video backup
- Two-way talk feature
- IP54 water resistance
- Personalized activity zones
- 24/7 Professional monitoring
- Not standalone, requires ADT plus video contract
- No local storage
- Inability to record more than 30 second long videos
- Not a DIY installation security camera
- Requires professional installation
Types of ADT security camera that they offered
ADT security cameras come in various types
- Wireless security cameras: These security cameras are perfect for both outdoor and indoor use. They possess great night vision with infrared and is Wi-Fi enabled. They make use of WPA2 Wi-Fi encryption hence providing for secure transmission of your video feeds. They record videos to the cloud which is remotely accessible from any internet available areas. Dome shaped security cameras.
- Indoor color security cameras: these cameras are specially made for indoor use. They offer crisp and clear videos that are well enhanced so you can easily make out details during playback. They offer high definition video quality.
- Dome shaped security cameras: These cameras are easy to set up. They offer night vision and clear video even in low light. They can be used both indoors and outdoors. These dome cameras can be mounted easily anywhere and also have 360° vision.
They also offer additional video equipment like
- Quad splitter: Also known as a quad screen splitter, a quad splitter allows you to display video feeds from four different cameras on one screen.
- Video duplicator: With a video duplicator, you can easily share your video feeds with another person. Allowing for multiple access to your video feeds from different location simultaneously
- Digital video recorder: A digital video recorder DVR, allows you to get clear audio and video and also remote viewing from anywhere, plus you can record from all installed cameras at the same time.
The Updated ADT Security Camera in 2023
- Google Nest Doorbell – You can check on what’s going on at your door and respond to it virtually anywhere with the Nest Doorbell. There is no guesswork involved because it recognizes the difference between a person, package, car, and animal and notifies you when activity is detected. Even better, it can identify recognizable faces and let you know who is arriving and departing.
- Outdoor security cameras – You only receive alerts for things that matter to you since the outside Nest Cam can distinguish between people, cars, and animals. With HDR, you can see fine details in intensely contrasted sunshine, and with night vision, you can see clearly even in complete darkness.
- Indoor security cameras – You can welcome guests into your home with the interior Nest Cam from practically anywhere. Use two-way talk to chat with your children as they return home from school or to greet your pet as you end your work. Additionally, indoor Nest Cam can automatically record significant events for up to an hour in its local memory* if your Wi-Fi goes out.
- Outdoor Nest Cam with floodlights – Almost nothing will go undetected thanks to the Nest Cam’s 180° motion detection and LED lighting. You can set up your lights so that they only turn on when the camera picks up essential activity, such as an animal, person, or car, to distinguish them from alerts on individuals. Additionally, you may choose how bright or dim the lights should be during various periods of the day or night thanks to brightness flexibility. Light up your driveway, garage, alley, or back porch, then watch the recorded video to determine what or who turned the lights on.
- DIY security from ADT. Yes, that ADT. Get really smart security you can easily install yourself. With no contract....
- This 6-piece DIY Home Security bundle will secure your home or apartment and can grow, adapt, and move with you, as...
- No strings. Ever. ADT won't lock you into any long-term contracts.
ADT Security Camera Conclusion
ADT security cameras offer an added benefit to your ADT home security package. Although not available on most of their contract plan, ADT security cameras can be installed on the ADT pulse video contract. You can expect around $49+/month for monitoring services. They also have promotions going on and can get a connected home security system with it for low cost.
To order an ADT security camera call 888-604-2509 or Visit their site.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use ADT security cameras to monitor without service?
Sadly, no. If you’ve purchased an ADT camera, then you’re required to also get one of their service plans. You will need to have an ADT monitoring plan and the Pulse application to use any ADT camera to its full functionality. Security services firms like ADT offer free installation on many devices, but the catch is that you will need to sign up for a service agreement. And yes, you will also need an internet connection to use ADT’s security cameras. You’ll also want to download Pulse, their proprietary application, to view and monitor everything on the camera through cloud services.
Do ADT security cameras record all the time?
Yes, ADT cameras are capable of recording footage all the time. However, you can configure them to only record when detecting movement. You also have the capability of allowing them to record to your hard drive or to the ADT servers directly.
Do I own my ADT equipment?
Yes, you do. However, once your contract expires, you won’t be able to use it as intended. ADT never takes back your purchased equipment if your subscription expires. This is because you’ve paid for the equipment itself already, even if the installation was free. It’s also a good marketing strategy because it will make its users come back eventually as to not feel as if they have wasted their money for nothing on said equipment.
Can you use ADT equipment without service?
You can use an ADT camera without monitoring but you will only be able to use it as a local non-monitored system, which practically defeats the purpose of having a security system installed in the first place. Without ADT service, there’s not much you can “self-monitor.” You can, theoretically, still save footage to your local hard drive, but there’s no guarantee with newer models.
- 3 Ways to know your Alarm System is Outdated
- Vivint vs ADT
- 7 Best Outdoor Motion Sensor Lights for Homes
- Top Home Security Systems in Atlanta, GA
- How to Cancel Your Alarm Contract
William is a tech buff and former corporate security officer turned cybercrime analyst. Computers have few secrets left for him, but home security and alarm systems… Well, those have plenty of secrets for their users, which William is now uncovering and explaining. His articles on home security helped many people take the matter seriously, invest in highly performing systems, and avoid becoming victims of burglaries.
Last update on 2023-05-14 at 03:33 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API