Going to let them Watch over you like a Hawk?
Watch you like a Hawk! A birds eye view sees all right? We like their mascot and what it stands for aside from that it usually circles over dead prey. In this review we are going to cover the good, bad and possibly ugly of Hawk home security. They are a good company but very average when it comes to home security. They make a good impact on those in Texas and a great employer for those who may want to work with them.
Hawk Home Security is a Texas-based company serving residents of Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, and San Antonio. They specializing in burglary, fire protection, and monitored video surveillance. If you plan on moving or need a national based company you may want to refer to an ADT alarm.
Screenshot taken of their homepage in June 2018.
Here’s a look at the pros and cons of a Hawk Home Security system:
- If you like options, Hawk Home Security is perfect for you. Choose from a variety of equipment, all varying in available features! There is a piece of Hawk Home Security equipment that is absolutely perfect for you and your family.
- Hawk Home Security is dedicated to making sure it’s customers feel protected 24/7. Equipped with a team that keeps a “real-time” eye on your home, you’ll always know your home is safe. If something is awry, they’ll do what they can to help. Even at any moment of the day!
- Trial period of up to 3 months; best next to Frontpoints 60 day money back guarantee.
- Properly installing your home security system is incredibly important. Their team of trained technicians will install and repair your security equipment so it protects you best. They are also happy to answer any questions you may have about your new home security system.
- The Hawk Home security system is completely wireless. So there are NO ugly wires!
- Monitor your Hawk Home system with a cellular app. This keeps residents protected in the event of a power outage and even cut phone wires.
- Although the website promises perfect alarm installation, some users report that their experience was far from perfect.
- Unfortunately, when signing up for Hawk Home Security, users are bound by a contract. You will be unable to back out and stop service unless it is done outside of your contract.
- Many customers report that the customer service isn’t as great as promised.
- For some homeowners, the cost of this system is not nearly as great as the reward.
Hawk Home Quick Facts
Although it’s customer service reviews leave much to be desired, Hawk Home Security has received certifications from these esteemed groups.
- California Alarm Association
- Alarm Association of Florida Inc.
- Minnesota Electric Security and Alarm Association
- Texas Burglar and Fire Alarm Society
- Pennsylvania Burglar and Fire Alarm Society
- New Jersey Burglar and Fire Alarm Society
- Ohio Electric Life Safety and Security Association
What is the cost of a Hawk Home Security system?
Home security is a cost that is always worth it! If you would spend the money on a cable or internet package, you should spend it on home security. As far as we are concerned, it is just another necessary utility bill! However, we are unable to give you an exact estimate of what the cost of a Hawk Home Security system is per month. We are not fans of companies that hide their monthly fees and make you call in to get a quote.
For many users, the cost of the system is usually dependent on the size of the property (or the features included in the system) that you choose to incorporate. Contact Hawk Home Security directly at (844) 344-0047 for a personalized estimate today.
- Important installation requirements - Wired doorbell and doorbell chime requires existing electrical wiring with voltage...
- See more at your front door - Arlo's security front door camera and door security devices lets you see a person from...
- Get a clearer picture - HD with HDR quality footage from your video door camera ensures you see the details on your...
What Kind of Security Equipment Is Used?
Hawk Home Security offers users a variety of home security equipment so you can best choose the kind of security system most needed in your home. There are a few equipment features that make Hawk Home Security stand out from other home security systems.
Hawk uses Alarm.com app – a popular home security app used by various companies
Here are just a few of those incredible equipment features:
- With Hawk Home Security, the alarm siren and keypad are separate, making it harder for an intruder to disable (or stop) your alarm.
- Hawk Home offers both an outdoor and indoor alarm. The outdoor alarm will alert homeowners (and potentially neighbors) of any potentially dangerous situations.
- Your alarm will come equipped with a yard sign and stickers…in some cases, this can be enough to deter an intruder.
- Hawk Home makes sure that your control panel is kept safe from intruders by hiding it in a metal box within the home. You can help determine the best place in your home for the control panel.
Flood monitoring a reality
They do have an advanced flood monitoring system. After the TX flood there are hundreds of thousands of Texans now considering the need for this. Using water sensors provided by General Electric they can connect to the alarm panel and thereby monitor for flood emergencies. Here is a diagram used from their website on how it works:
What About the Installation Process?
Hawk Home Security promises an installation process that is fool proof. Their installation process promises to ease the burden of the homeowner while improving family and home safety. With Hawk Home Security, homeowners will never have to worry about installing a security system without the help of a professional.
You can expect higher installation costs since they are a local company. If you want $0 installation check out Protect America or other DIY companies. They will charge less for monitoring (starting at $19.99) but higher upfront costs towards $300-500. For homeowners interested in this security system, contact Hawk Home Security for an estimate based on the size of your property. They can help you set up an installation, as well! Use this link for more information.
- 1080P Full HD non-stop monitoring - Get a crystal clear full-HD picture of your home, from anywhere at any time, and see...
- Weather-resistant for outdoor - This outdoor security camera is weatherproof with a supported temperature range from...
- Works with Alexa - Zmodo 1080P outdoor Wi-Fi camera works with Alexa. Control Zmodo camera with your voice by saying,...
The Bottom Line
Although Hawk Home Security is listed as one of the best in Texas when it comes to home security, many users report that the cost and in turn, the customer service, is not worth your hard-earned money. In fact, one customer left this scathing review on an online forum:
“Please do your due diligence before signing a contract with Hawk Security. It will pay you dividends in the long run.”
Ultimately, customers should be wary of home security contracts that rope them in for years to come while making you pay a hefty fee to cancel your services before your contract expires. In fact, one woman reported $550 in cancellation fees just because she was moving to another state. If using a national company you can expect a $99-199 ‘relocation fee’ but then you are not forced to pay a cancellation fee.
Additionally, many users have reported problems getting ahold of customer service if any problem (severe to mild) should arise. At the end of the day, it is completely up to the consumer if this is a service worth your hard-earned dollars.
- 3 Ways to know your Alarm System is Outdated
- Vivint vs ADT
- 7 Best Outdoor Motion Sensor Lights for Homes
- Top Home Security Systems in Atlanta, GA
- How to Cancel Your Alarm Contract
William is a tech buff and former corporate security officer turned cybercrime analyst. Computers have few secrets left for him, but home security and alarm systems… Well, those have plenty of secrets for their users, which William is now uncovering and explaining. His articles on home security helped many people take the matter seriously, invest in highly performing systems, and avoid becoming victims of burglaries.
Last update on 2023-01-31 at 22:11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API