The Who, How, What and Why of SpotCrime App
In your quest for a safe neighborhood, there is the need to employ all available tools in choosing a neighborhood or locale that’s safe for you and your family. The SpotCrime app is one of such tool. The SpotCrime app is a mobile and web-based application developed by Spotcrime, a company based in Baltimore, USA and founded in October 2007. It is privately owned by ReportSee, Inc.
What does SpotCrime do?
Spotcrime is an application that provides a nationwide information of crimes such as arrests, arson, assaults, burglaries, robberies, shootings, thefts and vandalism committed all around using a google map. The crime data are sourced majorly from open source crime data from police agencies, news reports and its own private crime reporting portal, Crime-tip which provides users a platform to anonymously drop data on crimes in their location.
Screenshot taken of burglaries and criminal activity located near a city.
- You can view criminal activity reports in your area, and also sort them out by date
- Crimes are classified by types so it’s easy to understand the magnitude
- Crime reports sourced from open crime data base.
- Currently supports only 500 cities within the US
- Sister sites exist for other crime database
- Free to use.
- Available on android and iOS
How does one make use of the SpotCrime app?
Currently, SpotCrime offers crime data in over 500 cities and location in the United States making it one of the most popular crime data service. Users can sign up to receive updates either by SMS or via email alert on crimes committed in a particular area.
There are several uses for the app. Some may include; using it to inform neighbors about what is going on and locating a safe city. If you are moving, you can use the app to avoid wasting your time, because there is no sense looking at neighborhoods you aren’t comfortable living in.
Download it via iOS or Android. Once you have used the app and realize how many scary events there are in your neighborhood, you may decide to use a home security system. We have done the hard work here in reviewing dozens of them, see the best ones on our home page.
How to use the SpotCrime web portal
- Navigate to the website spotcrime.com on your web browser
- Proceed to search for your location or use the map to navigate to your choice location
- Click on the crime list on the right for crimes you want information on
- You can submit a crime tip by clicking on the option at the top
- You can sign up and sign in with the option listed above.
- There is an option to navigate and compare crimes by state.
Being safe is of utmost importance.so while in search of a location to move to. Be sure to run a background search on the SpotCrime database and other similar service like the Trulia service which is also free to use with no sign up required and include property listing.
- 3 Ways to know your Alarm System is Outdated
- Vivint vs ADT
- 7 Best Outdoor Motion Sensor Lights for Homes
- Top Home Security Systems in Atlanta, GA
- How to Cancel Your Alarm Contract
Growing up with Law and Order and CSI shows taught Isabelle Landau one thing: if people back then had high-quality home security systems, those series would have been way shorter. In our modern world, technology helps us keep burglars away easily, and this is what Izzy studies and writes about: alarm systems, home security, protection systems, and more.