What it is – Specs & Costs
The Vivint Sky panel has taken another leap in the home security industry. Vivint who does a great job in smart home innovation continually improves and updates their equipment. They were one of the first home security systems with a 2gig touchscreen panel. Then in 2015 they introduced the SKY panel and have since released better versions of it. All Vivint security systems now come standard with a sky panel.
Specs and details of this home security control panel:
- Can manage a smart thermostat. This turns homes into a smarthomes and can save the average user $20-30 a month on their energy bill during peak months.
- Manage users. Easily add or delete users from the control panel. Users who have downloaded the Vivint app to their device will be notified and can take control of the alarm system.
- In ‘Settings’ you can find how to adjust brightness clock and weather, connect Sky control to WiFi and more.
- Can setup bypass sensors. This way you can open that window at night to let the cool air breeze in and not set off the alarm. This is unique to the Sky, whereas most other home alarm systems have an ‘All’ or ‘Door/window’ mode to turn on only.
In 2016 the Sky Control panel took an upgrade by removing all wires. This is the first truly ‘wireless’ security panel as of now. For their technicians, this makes installation times fast and easier. They can sync the security sensors to the control panel in a matter of minutes and complete a full installation in under 30 minutes. The hardest part will be installing the security cameras and door locks. These changes will take place in the coming year of their summer sales program.
Sky versus the standard panel
Like the standard panel, with Sky users can still set up a 4 digit pass-ode. It is also Z-wave compatible and outperforms even the best Honeywell GO. The Sky panel can also still be controlled with a key fob for users who don’t want to use their smartphones.
Controlling the Sky Panel
Using the Vivint Sky app users will learn to love the ease of use and simplicity of this design. Easily swipe to turn certain sensors or the alarm system fully on or off. Access video footage saved from video cameras etc. The app has even more, functions than the Sky panel itself but the two go hand-in-hand.
For a price of $99+/- for a professional to come out and install a Vivint system including the Sky control panel, it is a great price. With the new wireless features, Vivint stays ahead in innovative security products for mass consumers. It compares and beats ADT Pulse app in our opinion and is far superior to any other touchscreen control panel.
To get $0 activation with agreement to their monitoring terms, click here.
- 3 Ways to know your Alarm System is Outdated
- Vivint vs ADT
- 7 Best Outdoor Motion Sensor Lights for Homes
- Top Home Security Systems in Atlanta, GA
- How to Cancel Your Alarm Contract
William is a tech buff and former corporate security officer turned cybercrime analyst. Computers have few secrets left for him, but home security and alarm systems… Well, those have plenty of secrets for their users, which William is now uncovering and explaining. His articles on home security helped many people take the matter seriously, invest in highly performing systems, and avoid becoming victims of burglaries.