What You Can & Can’t do With their Security App
Frontpoint security seeks to provide a smart solution to home security. Founded in 2007 by three individuals Chris Villar, Aaron Shumaker and Peter Rogers, the company increasingly offers recent technological breakthrough in the security industry as key components of their alarm systems.
Nicknamed the best DIY alarm system provider in the states, Frontpoint offers wireless home security systems that are easy to set up, at no installation or activation fee in a short contract plan of 36 months. A detailed review of Frontpoint security can be found here.
The frontpoint app is the official app by Frontpoint security that allows subscribers to carry out numerous security activities on their alarm systems with the ease and comfort a mobile app offers. It is a white-label version of the solution Alarm.com. This means they didn’t code and make it from scratch and rely on a great third party company to do that. For a list of the top security apps (proprietary vs white-label) check this article.
With the aid of the Frontpoint app users can easily:
- Arm and disarm their alarm system from anywhere that offers an internet connection
- Receive alerts on who is arming and disarming your system and location
- Receive immediate alerts on any activity in their home as they happen
- Set up or change any features to their alarm system
- Watch live streaming video, which is perfect for checking up on kids, etc.
- Review and download previously recorded videos
- Geo-Service allows you to receive alerts if you mistakenly leave home without arming the alarm system.
- Control lights and other smart home features from anywhere
- Manage and pay for your monthly monitoring service
How to get Started
The Frontpoint app can be easily downloaded from the Google Playstore or the Apple store free of charge into any Smartphone device. Use though is only available to both new and old Frontpoint subscribers.
Frontpoint offers three plans on its home security package, the Frontpoint app is available for use on all its plans although features available for use within the app is depended on your chosen package.
The app maintains a 4-star review across over 100,000 installs which means users are generally satisfied with the features the app offers.
- Lots of features available from the app
- Easily purchase more equipment from the app
- Favorable reviews by users
- Available on all of Frontpoint’s package
- Free to install for customers
- Arm and disarm doesn’t work all the time
- Not as advanced as Vivint or the ADT Pulse app
- Not proprietary to Frontpoint; always reliant on third party
- Some users complain some features such as the market hardly works
- Security options could be improved upon
The Frontpoint app offers subscribers an easy way to stay connected to their homes and security without much hassle. It’s easy, smooth and reliable. Staying frequently updated, the app allows you do much more than arm and disarm your alarm system.
If you have any relevant information regarding their security app please let us know below.
- 3 Ways to know your Alarm System is Outdated
- Vivint vs ADT
- 7 Best Outdoor Motion Sensor Lights for Homes
- Top Home Security Systems in Atlanta, GA
- How to Cancel Your Alarm Contract
William is a tech buff and former corporate security officer turned cybercrime analyst. Computers have few secrets left for him, but home security and alarm systems… Well, those have plenty of secrets for their users, which William is now uncovering and explaining. His articles on home security helped many people take the matter seriously, invest in highly performing systems, and avoid becoming victims of burglaries.