Review of the Uniden Home Patrol 2 & 1 Scanner
Uniden’s own idea of the perfect police scanner is called the Home Patrol, now in version 2 as Home patrol 2, the Home Patrol is a pre-programmed digital police scanner that comes pack with loads of features that helps you easily receive both digital and analog signals from law enforcement agency, fire, EMS and more.
A police scanner is a device that scans different frequencies and helps you listen to two-way audio between law enforcement agency or fire department you may wonder why you need a home patrol scanner, asides being a hobby or a means to know what’s happening in your neighborhood or city, a home patrol scanner can aid certain individuals to stay abreast of security happening for example, a security operative might need one to know the current situation if off patrol or a towing service might require one to know when to carry out its duty. It’s particularly useful for travelers.
What you can listen to with the Home Patrol
The home patrol isn’t limited to listening to the two-way audio of the local police. Other Agencies that you can easily listen to include:
- Fire department
- Emergency Service
- Weather reports
- School and university security
- Air traffic
Features of Uniden’s Home Patrol Police Scanner
- Touch screen display
- Zip locator
- Multiple set up options
- Super detailed channel description
- Record & replay available
- Create favorite list
- Rechargeable battery included
- 5-inch-high colored display with back-light
- LCD with touch panel
- 100 channel per second scanning speed
- Accessories included in the box
- Flex Antenna
- AC Power Adapter
- USB Cable
- 4 AA NiMH Rechargeable Batteries
- DC Power Cable
- Desk Stand
- Quick Start Guide
- 1080p HD video doorbell with enhanced features that let you see, hear, and speak to anyone from your phone, tablet, or...
- An upgrade from the original Ring Video Doorbell 2, enjoy improved motion detection, privacy zones and audio privacy,...
- Receive mobile notifications when anyone presses your doorbell or triggers your built-in motion sensors.
Unlike home alarm systems, getting a Uniden police scanner will take a matter of minutes. The Uniden Home patrol comes programmed with the latest database. So set up is a breeze. Doesn’t require hours setting up as other police scanners tend to have. Setup commonly takes within 5-15 minutes. Here’s a quick look at the good and the bad of owning your own.
- Easy to setup and use
- Nice detailed user interface
- Comes with lot of accessories
- Screen takes a while to respond sometimes
- Requires GPS for some of its functions
- Power users require some modifications
Our Final take on the Uniden Police Scanners
Having a Home Patrol unit gives better satisfaction than other police scanners. The ease of setup, high range of radio frequency and also weather report makes it suitable for whatever needs that may arise. It is ideal for home use, campers, and travelers. The Uniden Home patrol now in version two can easily be acquired online (link below) or local shops.
Do you have a home patrol Unit? Tell us how you use it in the comment section and check this link to their website.
- 3 Ways to know your Alarm System is Outdated
- Vivint vs ADT
- 7 Best Outdoor Motion Sensor Lights for Homes
- Top Home Security Systems in Atlanta, GA
- How to Cancel Your Alarm Contract
William is a tech buff and former corporate security officer turned cybercrime analyst. Computers have few secrets left for him, but home security and alarm systems… Well, those have plenty of secrets for their users, which William is now uncovering and explaining. His articles on home security helped many people take the matter seriously, invest in highly performing systems, and avoid becoming victims of burglaries.
Last update on 2023-05-14 at 03:33 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API