The Good, Bad and Ugly of AlarmForce Home Security
Available across Canada and selected cities in the United States, Alarmforce is a professional alarm company headquartered in Toronto which offers a readily affordable monitoring service compared to other alarm providers, home automation, flood, carbon monoxide and fire real-time detection etc. all within a normal contract length of three years. Alarmforce has been fulfilling its customers alarm needs for almost three decades since it was founded in 1988. As an update, it now goes under the name Bell.
Here is the good and bad:
- No equipment or installation fee
- Normal contract length of 3 years
- Home automation compatible
- monitoring fee starts at $29
- Live two way voice monitoring at no extra charge
- Regional availability
- Poor customer service based on customer review
- Less equipment compared to other top Alarm providers
- Company regains equipment at contract ends.
Quick facts about Alarmforce
|Touchscreen Panel :||Yes|
|Key Remote (On/Off) Fob:||No|
|C02, Fire and Flood Sensors:||Yes|
|Mobile & Tablet Control:||Yes|
|Smoke, C02 & Flood:||Yes|
|Customer Rating:||3 of 5|
|Support Rating:||3 of 5|
|Equipment Rating:||4 of 5|
How much is the AlarmForce Home Security System?
Alarmforce offers a monitoring fee starting from $29.99 for a contract plan of three years.
Activation fee: Alarmforce offers zero activation fee and zero upfront fee except on the command package where they ask for an upfront fee of $199
Monitoring fee: The monitoring fee of each package listed below are:
Secure: $29.99 monthly
Connect: $39.99 monthly
Control: $44.99 monthly
Command: $54.99 monthly
Packages: Alarmforce offers four packages with different sets of equipment. Here’s how they compare:
Add-ons are available as added purchase.
Review of their Security System lineup and Sensors
Alarmforce equipment is manufactured, maintained and monitored by the company. For each of the 4 available plans, here’s what is available.
Essentials: They offer all the standard home security equipment, additional equipment comes with a higher package and also as an added purchase.
- 📣A great security system for home - The SKK wireless security system (9-Piece) kit includes 1 base station, 2 remote,...
- 📣Early-Warning Notifications - When someone illegally opens your door or window and enters your property or private...
- 📣VOICE CONTROL - SKK alarm system compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant. Away, disarm and go home modes can be...
- DIY security from ADT. Yes, that ADT. Get really smart security you can easily install yourself. With no contract....
- This 6-piece DIY Home Security bundle will secure your home or apartment and can grow, adapt, and move with you, as...
- No strings. Ever. ADT won't lock you into any long-term contracts.
How to get this system installed
They are not a DIY home security system. Having an Alarmforce system installed in your home can be achieved in three easy steps
- Call for a free personalized quote
- Fix a convenient date to have the professional install the system
- Have the system installed and running.
A look down Cherry Lane
Alarmforce is a Canadian alarm security company founded in 1988. It’s predominantly a Canada company with United State making less than 30% of its over 300,000 customer base. Its main headquarter is in Toronto, Canada while its United states headquarter is in North Florida.
What makes them different?
Introduced in 1991, the two-way voice monitoring technology is a key feature of Alarmforce service. With this feature once your alarm system is triggered, it sends a call signal to the monitoring center which responds via voice to either scare away the intruder or monitors the current emergency so as to offer an informed notification to the authorities.
How good will they treat you once you sign up?
When you need to contact Alarmforce customer support, they are available through a variety of channels including
Chat support: Alarmforce has live chat support available on their website to attend to queries.
Tech support: A dedicated line for tech support available on 877-267-2004. They can also be easily reached via email at email@example.com
Customer support: for other queries and complaint, the customer care center can be reached on 866-267-2055 or via mail on firstname.lastname@example.org
FAQ: An FAQ page is readily available on their responsive web page
With full cellular monitoring and a two-way voice monitoring technology, it’s safe to say Alarmforce is a force worth considering in the alarm industry. They offer good service at a right cost, but consumers often complain of their contract policy. Be sure to find out any gray areas before committing to the 36 months contract which is automatically renewed if not cancel before the last 30 days. As I said in the beginning they now go under the name Bell.
- 3 Ways to know your Alarm System is Outdated
- Vivint vs ADT
- 7 Best Outdoor Motion Sensor Lights for Homes
- Top Home Security Systems in Atlanta, GA
- How to Cancel Your Alarm Contract
William is a tech buff and former corporate security officer turned cybercrime analyst. Computers have few secrets left for him, but home security and alarm systems… Well, those have plenty of secrets for their users, which William is now uncovering and explaining. His articles on home security helped many people take the matter seriously, invest in highly performing systems, and avoid becoming victims of burglaries.
Last update on 2023-01-31 at 21:54 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API