Is this company a good choice?
Home security systems especially ASG security system forms an indispensable part of our homes to maintain security and safety. ASG security has been making security products for more than 10 years. These security products are compatible with your smartphones, equipped with motion sensors, window sensors, key fobs, etc. The ASG security devices can also give alerts for disasters like fire break out, smoke detection warning and even flood. The system has remote access interface, make things easy to control by using patented Crash & Smash technology. The best part is that the product comes equipped with 24-hour battery backup in case of power failure.
- The Crash & Smash (like Frontpoint Security) protection is backed by wireless technology which enables you to connect from anywhere.
- It provides you with a reasonable monthly rate
- You got several home automation options.
- It comes with a $1,000 service guarantee.
- There are a limited national coverage and an installation fee.
- The upfront costs are on the higher side.
The ASG security system has three main packages
- Basic home security: This scheme will cost you $44.99 per month and $99 setup. The product comes with a touch screen and two ways over voice panel. You can get 1 motion sensor, 3 intrusion sensors, and a key-fob.
- Digital home security: In this package of ASG security system, it will cost you $49.99 per month and $99-149 for setup. You get the same features and some extras. The control panel features local alerts.
- Digital energy & video security: This will cost $54.99 per month and $99-199 setup. You will need to pay extra for door sensors. It comes with a Wi-Fi /Z-wave features, security camera.
When you feel you can install the system yourself, then it will cost you $49.99. The activation fees are $99.
About the product
ASG security offers you with Go! The control panel is designed to support home automation and home safety control actions. It uses Z-wave technology, which is a home automation system with industry standard radio communication method. It includes small appliance automation, temperature automation, light automation, and lock automation.
Some of the highlights of ASG security include:
- Blackberry, iPhone, and Android Apps
- Go! Control Panel
- Z-Wave Automation
- Light, Lock, and Temperature Automation
- Video Surveillance
- Home intrusion security systems come with cloud based and local storage capabilities
- Home energy management systems including smart home technology
- There are whole home fire monitoring services
- There are commercial intrusion security systems with remote video viewing and local and cloud-based storage capabilities
Highlighted features with subtitles
The following are the main characteristics that include:
Touch screen panel
The touch screen panel integrates the automation system with the alarm system and you can also manage that from a wall mounted digital LCD panel. There is no push buttons, no codes, and you need just to read the text on a touch screen display.
The ASG security has a temperature control mechanism for optimum performance. You can control the climate in your home from wherever you want. When you want to increase the temperature, you can do so. If you want to decrease the temperature, then you can reduce it. The settings that are comfortable for you can be done accordingly, so that when you get home it is set.
Lighting and small appliance control
Mobile desktop accounts center
The mobile desktop account center of ASG security system enables you to interact with your home. You need just to log onto the web page and view your property. You can also make adjustments you want.
Advantages of ASG security system:
- Monthly monitoring fee: The ASG security system offers you an inexpensive monthly monitoring rate at $29.95. When you compare the rate to other home security services, it is cheap. You also get a traditional hardwired system which can monitors your home through the phone line. However, you will want to make use of the wireless broadband option.
- Variety of automation features: You can monitor security cameras, motion detectors, fire alarms and smoke detectors, and door sensors. There are several home automation features which can help you control and monitor your home remotely. You can control door locks, lighting, thermostats, and small appliances. It comes with a $1,000 service guarantee, which only very few home security companies offer this feature.
Disadvantage of ASG security system:
- The ASG security system manufacturer/supplier does not provide you with details including the equipment specs/details and pricing. It takes few calls to find out what you need to about the equipment, which is a time consuming exercise. There has to be transparency about the deal from the very beginning. There have also been complaints on its billing.
How to install
You can install the system yourself or shell out $100 to get it done by their professionals. If you wish the ASG security system to be installed by the company professionals you can assign them to do the job. It would be easy as they are familiar with their products. The company ensures that they send in the best man for the job. Each of their technicians is certified after completing several tests.
Here is how you can choose their technicians:
- Pick ‘n’ choose:
You need to agree on a package that suits your needs.
You need to schedule a time for technician to install.
The technicians will take few hours to complete the task.
- 10-second guaranty:
Finally, the company ensures that they answer calls in 10 seconds.
- 📢Alarm System for Home Security: Wherever you are, you can change the security mode and manage your devices on an App...
- 📢Voice Control and Wifi Network: Your Alarm System can be easily controlled by Away, Disarm, and Home modes with your...
- 📢Plug and Play: Easily set up with your Wireless Home Security System in minutes without tools. The wireless...
- 【Rechargeable & Waterproof & Wire-Free】This wireless rechargeable outdoor/indoor camera can provide 1 to 5 months of...
- 【PIR Motion Detection with AI Analysis Recognition】This outdoor camera wireless with advanced smart AI motions...
- 【1080P HD Live Video, Picture & Color Night Vision】The security cameras wireless outdoor provide a degree wide...
ASG Home Security has now been merged with Protection 1, the company was formed in 2002 to provide customers with both residential and commercial security solutions. Their branches and customer service operations are located throughout the United States of America, and at the moment, they are serving more than 220,000 customers.
The ASG security uses 2Gig wireless equipment platform and cellular-based communication (Alarm.com) because it can help in small appliances from any web-enabled device door locks, control thermostats, and remotely arming/disarming systems. They can also add cellular backup to landline-based systems and take over pre-existing systems.
They also provide complimentary installation and free in home consultation. The company has a mentor program and welcome team, in addition to their other programs. It also includes 401(k) match, tuition reimbursement, and paid bereavement time. ASG Home Security was the recipient of the prestigious Security Dealer of the Year Award in 2008, SDM Magazine.
According to the SDM 100 Report and review, with recurring monthly revenue of $7,900,095 ASG Home Security has been ranked 11th. The report measures the consumer dollars which have been gained by the alarm company, in order to present an account of the size of the market which has been captured by the 100 largest security providers. This is a small bite at ADT monitoring who has billions in revenue.
The home security service provides you with 24/7 burglary monitoring and 24-hour customer service. You will want to know that the firm offers US based support. They also specialize in one shore as well as off shores support. The firm also provides security guarantee, multiple customer friendly programs, and a service guarantee. In many of the customer reviews, you can read the highlighted service features of the company.
The customer move program comes with limited national coverage, but, when you want to move to another area, you need to cancel your contract. That comes with 100% balance payment, and the company has offices in New Jersey, Texas, Connecticut, DC, Northern Virginia, Maryland, Florida, Pennsylvania, New York, North Carolina, Louisiana, Massachusetts, and Oklahoma.
Some of the main features of their customer support include:
- 24/7 Customer Service
- Online troubleshooting documents
- A+ Reputation with the BBB
- Contract Cancellation Requires 100% Balance Payment
- Finally, 36 Month Contracts
Your calls are answered by a professional customer support which then transfers you to a solution specialist or sales, which can help choose and select the best monitoring package. The equipment comes with a lifetime guarantee, and service visits will cost you $25, but termination will cost you $750 or the balance which is left in your contract.
All in all they are a decent company. Nothing terribly wrong but nothing that stands out as a clear winner. The number of features and packages offered are pretty decent, and users are undoubtedly bound to gain from it, you can read the same line of thinking on many customer reviews. When you want your home to be secure and safe, then it is important that you install a reliable home security system. They need to work on the information provided to customers because enables them to take right decisions.
ASG security provides excellent home automation and home security features that come at a reasonable monthly rate. The $1,000 service guarantee is a unique proposition offered by few competitors in the industry, and can be a major boon to customers who have experienced a break-in while monitoring with ASG.
The only drawback or a huge letdown is the amount of information provided, but one does not understand how an ASG security product does not want to give its customers detailed information. This can make customers wary of the product because you do not have simple information like information, cancellation pricing, and contract terms.
Customers may want to browse through home security companies and review forums because they offer them detailed information about their products. The firm might also want to think about the installation fees as it can be considered slightly on the higher side. Apart from that, it is an excellent product because of its good customer support and robust features. ASG Home Security system is all set to protect your home so you know that you are in safe hands.
> SEE THE TOP HOME ALARM SYSTEMS <
- 3 Ways to know your Alarm System is Outdated
- Vivint vs ADT
- 7 Best Outdoor Motion Sensor Lights for Homes
- Top Home Security Systems in Atlanta, GA
- How to Cancel Your Alarm Contract
Growing up with Law and Order and CSI shows taught Isabelle Landau one thing: if people back then had high-quality home security systems, those series would have been way shorter. In our modern world, technology helps us keep burglars away easily, and this is what Izzy studies and writes about: alarm systems, home security, protection systems, and more.
Last update on 2023-05-14 at 03:33 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Tony Miguel says
What strikes me most about this product is the $1000 service guarantee. I don’t think I’ve seen that anywhere else and because of this, it’s very tempting to get this system.
Alarm Reviews says
Yeah good point. Similar ones to compare this against include: FrontPoint security 60 day money back guarantee. ADT break in guarantee where they replace valuables stolen up to a certain price point.
AVG is already a giant in home security and so when I was on the hunt for a good home security system, I wasted no time in subscribing to their plans when I learnt about them. It’s also affordable and easy to use.
Zara Nor says
True that. I use their security system even on my phone. They are very good and their services are very good too with their customers as there priority.
Larry Cole says
Whaoo, the asg-security device been able to detect upcoming disaster is a great advantage, as this will save us from being caught unaware by a disaster. I will love to have one installed in my house, but can the installation cost be reduced?
Alarm Reviews says
You can call and try to barter a deal with them where they waive installation fee. They will usually bend some especially when you are signing a 2-3 year agreement. Unless you are doing a DIY security system though; you ought to plan on a one time fee of $99-199 for installation.
Lady Grasha says
I use the basic home security package and the plan is quite amazing. I love the flexibility of their terms and they already have a good reputation in that area.
This ASG security had really helped me. Once there was a fire outbreak in my house and I only got to know through the alert heard. I so lucky that we were able to control it. Their burglary monitor has also been of great help to me! I totally recommend.
I have the basic package with ASG and it has been great! I have 2 dogs that protect me and my home so I didn’t need advanced monitoring. I do feel safer over all. I guess if you are looking for something more complex, you can find more for your money but paying about $56 and change each month is less than my phone bill and I feel better secured.
The upfront costs sucked but it was worth it. I have had ASG now for 5 months and I am finally feeling better about where I live. I moved out of state with my wife and we now live where we know no one. Making friends is easy but knowing the neighborhood and how it works, not so much. She wasn’t sleeping which kept me up all night. I am very happy with their services.
Shannon Cox says
I am in a similar situation and I have been looking for security places. Someone mentioned ASG and I found this review. How much was the upfront cost? Like the first bill? I would imagine that is how they do it or do they charge you and then bill you at the end of the month?
You pay upfront and then you get billed later for the first monthly cycle. It is kind of like when you buy a car or a house, you have to put something down. In this case you pay for the equipment and the installation fees. They want to make sure people who sign with them will be making the payments.
I agree completely. I checked other companies and it ends up balancing out anyways. My wife was home alone one night last year when we had someone break in. She was terrified. He didn’t do anything to her, just told her to stay in the bedroom. They took my computers and the TV’s down stairs. Never letting that happen again to her. This security is fantastic!
Lisa Rayford says
A detailed review of ASG Security, but i think I would rather stick with a trusted company like FrointPoint that has been around for longer and with more nationwide coverage.
1.5 rating, really?! I didn’t thinK they were that bad. There are other companies that have high installation cost too. So it’s really not that insane of a price. I personally only went with this company because their system supported Blackberry. My husband won’t give up his blackberry and let me tell you, not to many people have their products compatible for them. Anyways, I haven’t had problem with them, they are friendly and take care of me super quick on the phone.