The Who, What, and Why of ADS Home Security Reviews
With a name so close to ADT, customers get confused easily. ADS Security has been operating from its headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee since 1990, and has an impressive history of consistently high rankings. According to a leading security industry publication called Security Distributing & Marketing, ADS is currently listed as the 25th largest security firm in the US.
Serving over 75,000 customers in the southeast, ADS Security offers a host of electronic security solutions. When considering them, think of your future plans. If you plan on moving away from a state that ADS doesn’t service, you could pay a hefty cancellation fee. Their relocation fee is more pricey than our top 5 companies reviewed as well.
Before getting going into more detail here is a look into the pros and cons of ADS home security monitoring:
- Excellent reputation for customer service
- Easy to customize security systems
- Certified technicians who install the systems have been trained to the Five Diamond Central Station (highest level of training in the industry).
- Technical support is readily available
- Any repairs that are necessary are included in the monthly fees paid by the customer, so you will not have to incur any additional costs as a client if something goes wrong and needs to be fixed.
- High starting costs – $199+ installation fee and an activation fee
- Monthly monitoring fees are almost double the price of comparable security companies
- Limited availability
- Finally, you must pay termination fee if moving to area not serviced by ADS
How much will you be paying for this?
Monthly monitoring for ADS starts at $42.95 per month, on top of the $249 installation charge. For customization of your security package, you can expect to pay more. Home automation including energy extras, smart thermostats etc. will bring your monthly up to $80 a month, similar to Vivint’s monitoring costs.
ADS Security offers a wide range of home and business protection, including burglar alarms, fire alarms, and video surveillance. All systems can be remotely controlled from computers or smartphones, giving customers peace of mind while away from their homes and the ability to check on pets or children who have been left with babysitters. All aspects of the home can be monitored, including carbon monoxide levels and the presence of water. You can also control the temperature remotely. Meaning customers can pre-program the temperature of their home so that it is comfortable when they return.
- Optional 24/7 Emergency Response Service - YI’s motion alerts and live video feeds are now equipped with the option to...
- Full HD video quality - high resolution Images in 1080P resolution, combined with a 110° lens and Universal ball mount...
- Weather-resistant - outdoor cameras are waterproof, so you can use them for outdoor and indoor. Motion-activated alerts/...
ADS security system review
ADS uses Honeywell total connect equipment, which is a reputable brand of security hardware. When you purchase a system from ADS you benefit from $300 worth of free equipment. You can expect to have limited mobile connectivity and a bigger monthly fee if you are wanting home automation. Also, you can find better deals but you do get the ‘ma and pa’ shop benefits.
You are able to control things from a smart device with their basic package and above. It is easy to do but if you don’t care for the ‘fancy’ gadgets you can also get a simple key remote to arm and disarm the alarm system. Other equipment offered by them to secure your home is:
- Motion sensors which will sound off when detecting any heat wave over 45 lbs
- Window and door contacts
- Smoke and heat sensors (but it will up the monitoring price)
- C02 detectors
- Security cameras
- Basic home automation equipment
- Wireless key remotes
- Finally, there are signs & stickers
The people on the other side
ADS Security has a good reputation for customer service, and there are very few dissatisfied customers reviewing the company online. ADS is a Better Business Bureau accredited company, with an A+ rating. This is the highest rating a company can achieve and is a reflection of how well they manage their customers. According to BBB, ADS Security only received 3 complaints within the last 12 months and just 14 complaints within the last 3 years. ADS make sure to resolve all of these complains in a fair and timely manner, according to the BBB. There are a small amount of complaints received, considering that ADS services over 75,000 customers, shows how well they are doing at keeping their customers happy. A company of this size would usually expect a higher volume of complaints.
If you live in one of the few states where ADS is available then they may be worth looking into further. However; their equipment is outdated (should be 2gig or GE) and their mobile control isn’t the best. Their installation costs is $150 above average but you do get quite a bit of equipment for that fee.
See how ADS stacks up to the top home security systems here.
- Top Home Security Systems in Atlanta, GA
- How to Cancel Your Alarm Contract
- EPS Security Reviews
- Guardian Security Reviews
- About GeoFencing
Growing up with Law and Order and CSI shows taught Isabelle Landau one thing: if people back then had high-quality home security systems, those series would have been way shorter. In our modern world, technology helps us keep burglars away easily, and this is what Izzy studies and writes about: alarm systems, home security, protection systems, and more.
Last update on 2023-01-26 at 14:01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API