Atronic Alarms Reviews
Is Local the Way to Go in Kansas?
Atronic Alarms was founded in 1982 in Lenexa, Kansas, by Perry Atha, who is still involved with the business. It is a local alarm company, serving the Omaha, Nebraska and Kansas City area. It has been a fast-growing company and currently has over 80 employees providing both residential and commercial security systems. One difference between Atronic and other small-sized local alarm companies is that you can reach customer service 24 hours a day in case you have questions or need help with your system.
A glance of their website in 2018. Very clean and good for a smaller security company.
Atronic offers a complete range of residential alarm company services including:
- intrusion protection
- fire protection
- carbon monoxide detection
- flood prevention
- temperature notifications
- pet protection against fire
- medical alert buttons and portable panic buttons
- asset protection for specific valuables such as guns or jewelry
- smart home automation services
- video cameras
- remote access to your smart home control and security system
- Of course, your system is monitored 24 hours a day, 365 days a year with an award-winning monitoring system so you are notified of any problems immediately
- There is also an option of purchasing a service agreement which, for a monthly fee, provides you with free system maintenance, battery changes, and sensor cleaning.
For businesses, Atronic has a wide range of services including:
- burglary and commercially-acceptable fire protection
- access management (meaning that you as a business owner can make sure your employees only access what they need to)
- cloud-based access management services
- parking lot security
- automation and energy management
- video surveillance
- temperature fluctuation warnings
- flood prevention
- opening and closing supervision
- You can also pay a monthly fee for a service agreement that provides you with free system maintenance and inspections so your system is always up and running at its full capacity.
As might be expected, each system is individually designed for your home or business by the Atronic Alarm employees, based on your budget, the size of your home, and your security needs. Because of careful designing, this company has one of the lowest false alarm rates in the industry and allows you to have all the security you need without overpaying for security that you really don’t need.
There are multiple options for monitoring, too, so you can choose the type of monitoring that is going to work best for your specific needs. For example, their basic monitoring is based on a wired phone line, but they do also offer a cellular phone backup monitoring system so if you don’t have a land-line phone or want a backup in case your phone line gets cut, that is an option. Apparently, they also offer wired systems or wireless sensor systems depending on what you need.
Worried about a home burglary? View our free Report
Now when it comes to costs, Atronic Alarms has a few advantages. First of all, they do not charge any sort of activation fee even if you move over from another company. This is fairly unique and makes starting up with them a little easier. However, there are significant equipment costs. They do not finance equipment such as Vivint & Protect America do for a lower starting c0st. You need to purchase your equipment outright and the price of that, depending on the types and numbers of sensors you choose, can be extremely pricey. Expect $800-2000 depending on how much security equipment you want.
Additionally, you don’t get a price before talking to their salesman so it is possible that you might get a more expensive system than you actually really planned on purchasing if you tend to succumb to sales pressure. Also, they do not offer long-term contracts, it is month to month. So, if after a while you decide you no longer want to have them as your security company, you can move on and take your purchased equipment with you. This can be helpful if you don’t want to have a long-term commitment or if you are unsure about staying with Atronic.
Because Atronic is a local company, moving out of their service area would require changing service providers but since you own the equipment, chances are that you would be able to find alternative providers at a reasonable price even if you moved out of the Kansas City or Omaha area. The panels that they utilize in your system are the popular Honeywell brand, offering different Honeywell Vista models depending on your preferences and how much you want to spend. Using the Honeywell brand panels also gives you a high likelihood of being able to use the same panel with another security system provider and also lets you utilize good phone apps for remote access to your system.
The reviews by real customers are generally pretty positive on all review sites. Naturally the reviews on the website itself are positive. However, their Facebook page has a very high review average of 4.9 with 20 reviews and the 3 reviews on Yelp are all 5 stars, which is quite unusual for a an alarm company review site. They have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and have won several awards for excellent monitoring.
To sum up, then:
- Reasonable monthly monitoring costs
- Online bill pay; not many other companies offer this
- Company has been in business for a long time
- Various monitoring options at different costs
- Month-to-month payments rather than long-term contracts
- Low false alarm rates
- Award-winning monitoring services
- 24-hour a day accessibility (not just monitoring)
- Many different sensor and device options
- Very positive customer reviews
- Up-front equipment purchases with no upfront price knowledge before talking to a salesperson
- Local company so moving requires a change of providers
- High cancellation fees if moving outside of Kansas where they aren't able to service
- Might require several apps to service all your equipment
- Land-line telephones the primary monitoring option
Our Final Take
In conclusion, Atronic Alarms is a very well-liked local security system that offers a wide range of products with a wide range of equipment and options that you can personalize for your home or business. If you live in the Kansas City or Omaha area, it would definitely be worth at least talking to them to get an idea of what they can do for you. However, you should also realize that no matter how much you love them in your current home, you will have to leave them behind should you move, although you can take the equipment you purchased up front with you in the hopes of finding another provider.