All That You Need To Know About This Security System
There is no doubt that every home needs an alarm monitoring system. Though there are many homes which come with a surveillance system, they do not get a supporting monitoring service. Probably the cost of having supporting monitoring service would be very high, or they cannot afford the packages. Whatever be the reason, the security system cannot be effective when there is no active monitoring done. Your security service monitoring issues are taken care of by NextAlarm.
If you have not installed a security system in your home because of the high costs or have already installed one without monitoring service, then you might think about getting the cheap security monitoring system. This DIY system makes use of a broadband internet connection that is monitored by a professional monitoring center.
Their customer support provides you with optional installation services and tutorials. The security system gives you a choice from a limited selection of door and window sensors, security cameras, sirens, security key fobs, and motion sensors. Moreover, NextAlarm security system has equipped with motion sensors that are pet-immune.
- Professional alarm system equipment.
- The company is partner with some companies to provide installation and monitoring at decreased rates
- Remote security monitoring system.
- Excellent service backup with a history of 50 years service.
- They don’t sell their equipment directly.
- They have to be purchased from a third party retailer.
What’s this going to cost me?
Some of the NextAlarm Services include both monitored and non-monitored systems. They provide you with several services including Alarm Broadband Network, E-notify, Outside access point, E-notify latchkey, Online test mode, Online signal log, and Online account access. Their monitoring service area covers all the state in America and parts of Canada.
Some of their packages include:
Full dispatch monitoring (with live operator response to all alarms)
- You have to pay $17.95 per month over dial-up or the Internet for monthly monitoring
- Also, you have to pay up $14.95 per month for annual advance
- You will have to pay $11.95 per month when payments are made three years in advance
- There is a free activation which can save you $25
- Finally, there is free and unlimited technical support
About the product
Purchasing the security system can be a slight headache because you have to do from a third party seller. The NextAlarm uses wireless technology which enables it to communicate with the control panel. You can make use of your monitoring subscription to protect your home. There are many alerts in the security system which comes with motion sensor or smoke detector.
There are many plans from which you can choose meeting your requirement. Selecting the plans does not require you to pay as with a no-contract monthly payment, you can receive notifications.
Highlighted features with subtitles
Alarm Status: You can find out the alarm status when you are logged on your NextAlarm account. The alarm status can be displayed in the directly above the menu options on upper left corner of the screen.
Arm / Disarm System Remotely: When you want to arm and disarm your system remotely, then you need to make use of the NextAlarm web console. You can enter your user code to arm/disarm the system. This may take few minutes. The screen shot of the Arm/Disarm dialogue box is provided here for illustration.
Alarm System Zones: You will want to know that this is a very useful feature. The alarm system zones can help you provide configuration options along with descriptive names which can get you alerts mentioning the zones. Supposing Zone 1 has been breached, you are notified that the particular area has been violated. This helps you keep your home safe and secure. The Zone & Equipment dialogue box is illustrated below:
- Whether you have already a security system installed, they will work with the equipment.
- You can service the equipment at any time.
- Their Self-Monitoring plan enables you to get notified by text message, email, and automated phone call if your alarm is armed or disarmed.
- Finally, with their Professional Dispatch plan, your alarm is monitored 24 hours a day. Operators are on duty to verify alarms, send the police, fire department or paramedics, and notify you.
- The security product is not compatible with all systems including garage door sensors, panic buttons, recessed door sensors, and other types of home automation equipment.
- Lastly, you will also find tweaking problems.
- Package? Delivered. Dog? Walked. Front yard? All clear. Bad guys? Not here. Watch over it all—without leaving your...
- Unlike other doorbell cameras, Video Doorbell Pro uses two different sensors - one sensor identifies the heat signature...
- We custom built how our doorbell uses power, so it can work with almost any type of home or doorbell setup.
How to Install their security system
When it is time to install your new security system, you should be aware of the accessories and safety equipment comes in the NextAlarm Security System Package. They include siren and keypad, 1 control panel, 1 year of alarm monitoring, 1 motion sensor, 1 desk mount kit, 1 fully Automated Sensor Telemetry, 1 wall mount kit, 2 door or window sensors, 1 motion sensor, 1 backup battery, 1 power transformer, and 1 keychain remote. If you are finding some items are short in the package, you are advised to return the product.
It is a Do-It-Yourself system. There are detailed instruction manuals, articles, and FAQs, which can support security alarm systems. If you are not comfortable with that then compare them to ADT who offers professional installation. It is not really very difficult. When you start the installation, the broadband Internet access device has to be powered on and connected to the Internet. Then you have to connect the ABN4A to a home router or network.
When your alarm sounds you need to unarm the system. Then you have to find the telephone connection of the alarm system. When your alarm system is wired directly to your telephone line, then you need to get one installed. The power LED light PWR is green. You need to wait for the WAN LED light to turn then green or yellow.
Lastly, you can see an LED green alarm light displayed. That means you have successfully installed the security system.
History of the company/product
Next Alarm has been in the market for more than 10 years and was formed by a team of security alarm industry experts. They provide their security system services throughout the United States of America and Canada. The NextAlarm has received B BBB rating.
- DIY security from ADT. Yes, that ADT. Get really smart security you can easily install yourself. With no contract....
- This 8-piece DIY Home Security bundle will secure your home or apartment and can grow, adapt, and move with you, as...
- No strings. Ever. ADT won't lock you into any long-term contracts.
You can communicate with customer support through phone, email, and tutorials. It is jovial to say that the technical support staffs are extremely helpful. Supposing you have queries which include like what happens if there is a power failure or blackout or can you get any discounts, then you can call up their customer care. Just for information sake, when a power failure happens, you can use the system because there is a backup battery which provides power to your alarm for few hours.
You can cancel their service anytime you want. All you need to do is log into your account and open a customer service ticket. You have to mention the date you want the service to end. They provide you with a good response time and small monitoring charge. Though the reviews are average, the security system is pretty good.
The Next Alarm security system is one of the best do-it-yourself home security systems provided you can get through the equipment-buying process. When monitoring your home remotely become a painful affair, NextAlarm security system makes it a memorable experience. The security system is poised to offer you a worry-free life.
NextAlarm has the kind of equipment you want to see in a reliable security system. It is low cost and provides you with excellent customer service and plenty of alerts, and the system is a professional monitoring service because it has been designed by professionals who have been in the security system sector for several years.
The only drawback noted is that you need to purchase equipment through a third-party retailer, but, apart from that, it is a great system to install at home. There are several features including web-based management and configuration, technologically advanced Internet-based monitoring, sophisticated alerting and notifications, and much more.
Users can also make use of mobile apps for iOS and Android phones. This helps them to control and view the cameras and security system. NextAlarm must start a web services platform which can shoot down many nagging issues such as the dependency on third-party developers, and cross application integration. With some slight limitations, NextAlarm is truly a reliable home monitoring security service provider.
- 3 Ways to know your Alarm System is Outdated
- Vivint vs ADT
- 7 Best Outdoor Motion Sensor Lights for Homes
- Top Home Security Systems in Atlanta, GA
- How to Cancel Your Alarm Contract
Growing up with Law and Order and CSI shows taught Isabelle Landau one thing: if people back then had high-quality home security systems, those series would have been way shorter. In our modern world, technology helps us keep burglars away easily, and this is what Izzy studies and writes about: alarm systems, home security, protection systems, and more.
Last update on 2023-05-14 at 03:33 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API