Home Security Awareness Scholarship
2023 Update: Thanks to all who applied for this scholarship opportunity! We have contacted and announced the winner. Please let us know what you would like to see written on and prize for 2023.
Quick facts: $1000 Award – Ends Nov. 6th 2023 – Essay entry – Eligibility: Single Parents – Apply here
Alarm-Reviews.net is an online publishing company that focuses on the safety and security of families at home. We review products such as security systems and home automation gadgets to help consumers know what is best for their living quarters.
We encourage strong neighborhood communities as a way of stopping crime. By being aware of what is around us, implementing technology and alerting others we can protect one another. Offering scholarships to encourage Home Security Awareness in communities is a perfect fit. And this scholarship grant is a way of lending a helping hand to those who want to proceed with their dream degree.
Who Can Apply for the scholarship?
Single-parent families only. This means Mother or Father who is alone in the responsibility of raising their children. Must be a student (undergrad or graduate) with proof of enrollment at a University for the 2023 school year.
Why single parents? You are striving for peace of mind that comes with financial security as well as providing a safe environment for your children. School fees are too expensive for a single parent, but with the help of other opportunities, like scholarships, parents can manage their financial concerns. We know that can be stressful and oftentimes additional schooling is done on a tight budget at odd hours. You do not have to be in a related field to apply.
How to Apply for the scholarship?
Easy. We want you to share with us a 500-1500 word story/article related to Home security & Neighborhood safety. As a part of your essay, include personal insights, tips, stories and statistics.
Once written, you can submit your form here or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before November 6th, 2023.
When assessing your scholarship entry we will focus on 3 points:
- Did the student personally connect with the topic
- Did they provide insights, tools and/or studies
- Originality and creativity
Make sure to include:
- First & Last Name, Address & Phone number
- Name of your school
- Any proof of you being currently registered for college
- We don’t need the whole background story but we do need proof that you are rearing a family by yourself.
A $1000 check will be sent to winning applicant. Winner will be announced on December 14th, 2023. Check will be sent immediately following announcement to ensure award is given to help subsidize the cost of tuition for the 2023 year of school.
Submissions by Dec. 6th. Winner will be contacted by email and phone on Dec. 14th 2023.
Terms and Conditions
- Applicants release the rights of their document to Alarm-Reviews.net who may choose to publish it.
- We will never charge fees to apply for scholarships.
- No particular writing format is required.
- Winning applicant to take a picture of him or herself with the $1000 check to be used next year on our site for the ‘previous winners’ section.
Please note: English submissions only. Each document will be checked with CopyScape for plagiarism. Cite any references used in short essay.