Home security systems especially ASG security system forms an indispensable part of our homes to maintain security and safety. ASG security has been making security products for more than 10 years. These security products are compatible with your smartphones, equipped with motion sensors, window sensors, key fobs, etc. The ASG security devices can also give alerts for disasters like fire break out, smoke detection warning and even flood. The system has remote access interface, make things easy to control by using patented Crash & Smash technology. The best part is that the product comes equipped with 24-hour battery backup in case of power failure.
- The Crash & Smash (like Frontpoint Security) protection is backed by wireless technology which enables you to connect from anywhere.
- It provides you with a reasonable monthly rate
- You got several home automation options.
- It comes with a $1,000 service guarantee.
- There are a limited national coverage and an installation fee.
- The upfront costs are on the higher side.
The ASG security system has three main packages
- Basic home security: This scheme will cost you $44.99 per month and $99 setup. The product comes with a touch screen and two ways over voice panel. You can get 1 motion sensor, 3 intrusion sensors, and a key-fob.
- Digital home security: In this package of ASG security system, it will cost you $49.99 per month and $99-149 for setup. You get the same features and some extras. The control panel features local alerts.
- Digital energy & video security: This will cost $54.99 per month and $99-199 setup. You will need to pay extra for door sensors. It comes with a Wi-Fi /Z-wave features, security camera.
When you feel you can install the system yourself, then it will cost you $49.99. The activation fees are $99.
About the product
ASG security offers you with Go! The control panel is designed to support home automation and home safety control actions. It uses Z-wave technology, which is a home automation system with industry standard radio communication method. It includes small appliance automation, temperature automation, light automation, and lock automation.
Some of the highlights of ASG security include:
- Blackberry, iPhone, and Android Apps
- Go! Control Panel
- Z-Wave Automation
- Light, Lock, and Temperature Automation
- Video Surveillance
- Home intrusion security systems come with cloud based and local storage capabilities
- Home energy management systems including smart home technology
- There are whole home fire monitoring services
- There are commercial intrusion security systems with remote video viewing and local and cloud-based storage capabilities
Highlighted features with subtitles
The following are the main characteristics that include:
Touch screen panel
The touch screen panel integrates the automation system with the alarm system and you can also manage that from a wall mounted digital LCD panel. There is no push buttons, no codes, and you need just to read the text on a touch screen display.
The ASG security has a temperature control mechanism for optimum performance. You can control the climate in your home from wherever you want. When you want to increase the temperature, you can do so. If you want to decrease the temperature, then you can reduce it. The settings that are comfortable for you can be done accordingly, so that when you get home it is set.
Lighting and small appliance control
Mobile desktop accounts center
The mobile desktop account center of ASG security system enables you to interact with your home. You need just to log onto the web page and view your property. You can also make adjustments you want.
Advantages of ASG security system:
- Monthly monitoring fee: The ASG security system offers you an inexpensive monthly monitoring rate at $29.95. When you compare the rate to other home security services, it is cheap. You also get a traditional hardwired system which can monitors your home through the phone line. However, you will want to make use of the wireless broadband option.
- Variety of automation features: You can monitor security cameras, motion detectors, fire alarms and smoke detectors, and door sensors. There are several home automation features which can help you control and monitor your home remotely. You can control door locks, lighting, thermostats, and small appliances. It comes with a $1,000 service guarantee, which only very few home security companies offer this feature.
Disadvantage of ASG security system:
- The ASG security system manufacturer/supplier does not provide you with details including the equipment specs/details and pricing. It takes few calls to find out what you need to about the equipment, which is a time consuming exercise. There has to be transparency about the deal from the very beginning. There have also been complaints on its billing.
How to install
You can install the system yourself or shell out $100 to get it done by their professionals. If you wish the ASG security system to be installed by the company professionals you can assign them to do the job. It would be easy as they are familiar with their products. The company ensures that they send in the best man for the job. Each of their technicians is certified after completing several tests.
Here is how you can choose their technicians:
- Pick ‘n’ choose:
You need to agree on a package that suits your needs.
You need to schedule a time for technician to install.
The technicians will take few hours to complete the task.
- 10-second guaranty:
Finally, the company ensures that they answer calls in 10 seconds.
ASG Home Security has now been merged with Protection 1, the company was formed in 2002 to provide customers with both residential and commercial security solutions. Their branches and customer service operations are located throughout the United States of America, and at the moment, they are serving more than 220,000 customers.
The ASG security uses 2Gig wireless equipment platform and cellular-based communication (Alarm.com) because it can help in small appliances from any web-enabled device door locks, control thermostats, and remotely arming/disarming systems. They can also add cellular backup to landline-based systems and take over pre-existing systems.
They also provide complimentary installation and free in home consultation. The company has a mentor program and welcome team, in addition to their other programs. It also includes 401(k) match, tuition reimbursement, and paid bereavement time. ASG Home Security was the recipient of the prestigious Security Dealer of the Year Award in 2008, SDM Magazine.
According to the SDM 100 Report and review, with recurring monthly revenue of $7,900,095 ASG Home Security has been ranked 11th. The report measures the consumer dollars which have been gained by the alarm company, in order to present an account of the size of the market which has been captured by the 100 largest security providers. This is a small bite at ADT monitoring who has billions in revenue.
The home security service provides you with 24/7 burglary monitoring and 24-hour customer service. You will want to know that the firm offers US based support. They also specialize in one shore as well as off shores support. The firm also provides security guarantee, multiple customer friendly programs, and a service guarantee. In many of the customer reviews, you can read the highlighted service features of the company.
The customer move program comes with limited national coverage, but, when you want to move to another area, you need to cancel your contract. That comes with 100% balance payment, and the company has offices in New Jersey, Texas, Connecticut, DC, Northern Virginia, Maryland, Florida, Pennsylvania, New York, North Carolina, Louisiana, Massachusetts, and Oklahoma.
Some of the main features of their customer support include:
- 24/7 Customer Service
- Online troubleshooting documents
- A+ Reputation with the BBB
- Contract Cancellation Requires 100% Balance Payment
- Finally, 36 Month Contracts
Your calls are answered by a professional customer support which then transfers you to a solution specialist or sales, which can help choose and select the best monitoring package. The equipment comes with a lifetime guarantee, and service visits will cost you $25, but termination will cost you $750 or the balance which is left in your contract.
All in all they are a decent company. Nothing terribly wrong but nothing that stands out as a clear winner. The number of features and packages offered are pretty decent, and users are undoubtedly bound to gain from it, you can read the same line of thinking on many customer reviews. When you want your home to be secure and safe, then it is important that you install a reliable home security system. They need to work on the information provided to customers because enables them to take right decisions.
ASG security provides excellent home automation and home security features that come at a reasonable monthly rate. The $1,000 service guarantee is a unique proposition offered by few competitors in the industry, and can be a major boon to customers who have experienced a break-in while monitoring with ASG.
The only drawback or a huge letdown is the amount of information provided, but one does not understand how an ASG security product does not want to give its customers detailed information. This can make customers wary of the product because you do not have simple information like information, cancellation pricing, and contract terms.
Customers may want to browse through home security companies and review forums because they offer them detailed information about their products. The firm might also want to think about the installation fees as it can be considered slightly on the higher side. Apart from that, it is an excellent product because of its good customer support and robust features. ASG Home Security system is all set to protect your home so you know that you are in safe hands.
[frontpage_news widget=”4288″ name=”Trending Articles”]