The Who, What, When, Where and Why of Link Interactive Home Security
Stumbled upon Link Interactive and wondering if they are the right choice as your home security provider? They are widely unknown except throughout Costco where they sell their DIY home alarm system. Link Home is a great company and often go unnoticed against big company’s in home security. They have monitoring services nationwide, which is nice if the times comes you need to move.
User interacting with Link Interactive’s 2Gig Touchscreen Panel
A look into the good and the bad of Link Interactive home security system:
- A+ BBB rating
- Uses Alarm.com’s technology
- Free smartphone control
- Low priced home automation
- 30 day money back guarantee
- 95% rated it as ‘easy to install’
- Crash and smash technology
- Z – Wave supported
- 1 yr warranty on equipment
- Free Quotation
- Self-install (but good too cause you save $99 on install)
- Old vibe to company
- No amazing deals or promotions
- Not Applicable to someone who is not tech savvy
- Not advised for renters or anyone who does not want long-term commitments
- Their website design, see screenshot below. It just doesn’t look or feel as professional as Frontpoint’s and others.
With the good and the bad out of the way, let’s get into more details about their prices, security system and history.
What’s this going to cost?
Very affordable and a low monthly rate. Other than Protect America, they have the best all-around price.
Installation – Free. Easy peel-and-stick technology where you put the door sensors on yourself. If you are not comfortable doing this (they can assist you over the phone) then we suggest using ADT.
Activation – Free! This is a standard hidden cost with most companies. You don’t have to worry about getting nickel and dimed with Link Interactive.
- Standard $30.99/mo. Wireless equipment with smash and crash technology. Also comes with 2 way voice and an impressive list of home automation features that cost much more with Vivint.
- Gold $39.99/mo. Comes with professional monitoring, automated locks, life safety, home automation, and Z-Wave accessories.
- Gold $47.99/mo. Comes with professional monitoring, automated locks, life safety, home automation, Z-Wave accessories, and HD Video Monitoring.
- +$5/mo. Full home automation including cameras.
Here is a comparison chart of how their prices stack up to other companies. It may be a little bit of a stretch but our research and testing shows it is true advertising. (Note: that the below chart is an old version of the package)
- 【Rechargeable & Waterproof & Wire-Free】This wireless rechargeable outdoor/indoor camera can provide 1 to 5 months of...
- 【PIR Motion Detection with AI Analysis Recognition】This outdoor camera wireless with advanced smart AI motions...
- 【1080P HD Live Video, Picture & Color Night Vision】The security cameras wireless outdoor provide a degree wide...
- E1 wifi camera captures Super HD videos in the resolution of 2304x1296 (3 megapixels), and with 8 infrared LEDs, it can...
- Plug it in. Connect to 2.4 GHz WiFi. Up and running in minutes. Rotate 355° horizontally and 50° vertically. See every...
- REOLINK Home Security Camera System, 3MP HD Plug-in Indoor WiFi Camera, Pan Tilt Pet Camera, Baby Monitor, Night Vision,...
The Gadgets to Hold off a Hoard of Zombies with…
Even with the low rates they have they give you great equipment.
Typically paying less a month gives you a worse security system. Link Interactive impressed us by giving a standard touchscreen 2gig panel with every package with choices of adding:
- Indoor/outdoor/doorbell cameras
- Lighting controls
- Smart Thermostats (energy savings)
- Garage door controls
- Smart door locks
- Disaster sensors
- IQ Panel 2 (touchscreen)
- IQ Remote Tablet
- Motion Sensor
They offer an impressive list of equipment and the most you pay per month is $34 compared to Vivint who would charge $74+ for the energy packages.
Way back when…
You may start to wonder why you haven’t heard more about this company.
Founded: In 1952. They started back in the day when you had to tear your house apart and rewire it for a new home security system.
Located: In the rocky mountains of Utah.
Address: 4155 Harrison Blvd. Ogden, UT 84403.
Contact Sales or customer care: (877) 401-0928
- M-F 8am to 4:30pm MT
- Sat 8am to 4pm MT
For Customer Support:
- M-F 7am to 8pm MT
- Sat 8am to 4pm MT
Retailer: They don’t put very much money into online advertising or do door to door sales like most other security companies. They have grown slow and steadily over 50+ years by being offered in many retail stores.
Link Interactive Home Security System Reviews conclusion
So there you have everything you should know about Link Interactive before purchasing their home alarm system. They are a great all around company from prices to equipment and customer service. Hope you liked our review and please add any information or experience you have had with them below!
Call Link Interactive Home Security System at (877) 401-0928
- 3 Ways to know your Alarm System is Outdated
- Vivint vs ADT
- 7 Best Outdoor Motion Sensor Lights for Homes
- Top Home Security Systems in Atlanta, GA
- How to Cancel Your Alarm Contract
William is a tech buff and former corporate security officer turned cybercrime analyst. Computers have few secrets left for him, but home security and alarm systems… Well, those have plenty of secrets for their users, which William is now uncovering and explaining. His articles on home security helped many people take the matter seriously, invest in highly performing systems, and avoid becoming victims of burglaries.
Last update on 2023-01-31 at 22:01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API